From VoIP.ms Wiki
- Start Zoiper 5 Softphone.
- On the welcome screen fill Username and Password and click on Login .
- Username: 100000 (your VoIP.ms main or sub account)
- Password: ********* (account password)
- On the host screen fill the domain/host with any of our servers. I.E. toronto.voip.ms then click on Next
- The Authentication step is optional, you can skip it.
- In this screen you can select the protocol that your SIP account will use:
- SIP TCP
- SIP UDP
- IAX UDP
Select the one you prefer according to your network's settings, I.E. SIP TCP then click on the Next button.
Please notice that we do not support SIP TLS.
- This the account configuration screen and will show a summary of your account information:
- Click on the Advanced button.
- On the advanced settings you can set the Registry expiration setting. By default Zoiper has it on TCP 600s, you can set it for UDP 60s or custom and set it for 180 or 300 seconds. The recommended value is 300 seconds (5 minutes).
- Scroll down to Audio Codecs., the ones on the right are the codecs available, leave only as selected codecs, u-Law and GSM and G.729(if available with the version). Set the rest to the left side.
- Click on the X in the left corner to leave the settings, you'll be prompted to save them, accept the change.
- Your Zoiper should be ready to make calls
- If there was a typo in your password or if there's a DNS issue Zoiper might show the account type options in red. In this case, you can click on the skip button
- When prompted to manually configure an account choose yes and configure the account on the Zoiper account settings page.
- On this screen you can check the error response code and correct it. You can check the list of common SIP Response codes for this.