Ubiquiti Unifi Talk
From VoIP.ms Wiki
- Latest update of Unifi Talk (Up to date)
- Latest update on your end-points (IP Phone) (Up to date).
- Have your SIP Credentials (Main SIP Account or SIP Sub-Account (Username/Password) credentials)
- DID(s) available (You can order a new DID if you don't have any. DID Numbers > Order DID)
Add the trunk
Add Third Party SIP Provider
1. Log into your Unifi Talk Admin GUI. 2. From the navigation bar, Go to "System Settings",
3. Where the section Third-Party SIP Setup, click on the button [Add Third-Part SIP Provider]
4.Type a "Provider Name", it could be "VoIP.ms" or an identification name of your choice.
We will need to add some custom fields, Click on the button [Add Fields], In the popup, you will type the following and click on the [+] button.
- "username", "proxy", "realm", "password", "register", "username", "sip_cid_type", "retry-seconds", "expire-seconds"
Once everything is added, click on the button [Done]
Now you need to complete the custom fields we have added.
- "proxy": YourPreferredPoPServer.voip.ms (Be sure your DID is on the same POP server to get incoming calls)
- "realm": YourPreferredPoPServer.voip.ms (Be sure your DID is on the same POP server to get incoming calls)
- "password": ###### Your Sub-Account Password
- "register": true
- "username": ######_SubAccountUsername
- "sip_cid_type": rpd
- "retry-seconds": 30
- "expire-seconds": 120
You will need to select the authorized countries you would like to be able to dial out. (Note that your sub-account "Allow International Calls" needs to match if it's outside Canada/USA).
Click on [Select Countries], and search Canada and United States, add both and click [Save].
Manually Import Numbers: enter your DID in the E164 format, e.g.: +1##########, then press "enter" key of your keyboard.
IP Address Range - ACL
Now, you will need to specify our IP addresses, click on [Add IP Address Range], enter our POP IP, leave the /32 and click [Add] and click on the [Save] button once finished.
Assign Phone number to User
To associate a DID to a user, go the navigation bar and click on "Users and groups".
Then, edit your user you want to associate a DID with his respective "Edit" button.
Once the side bar opened, click on "Manage" button.
Where the section "Change Number", choose your DID and click [SAVE]