From VoIP.ms Wiki
High speed DSL modem, NAT router and wireless access point in one device providing a one-stop networking solution Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps makes it ideal for heavy bandwidth consuming or interruption sensitive applications like online gaming, Internet calls and even the HD video streaming Supporting both traditional land lines and VoIP network offers you a multiple choice when making phone calls. Various call features such as caller ID, call waiting, call holding, call forwarding, 3-way conference calls and voicemail USB 2.0 port supports Storage Sharing (Samba or FTP), Media Server, Print Server and multi accounts Ethernet WAN (EWAN) offers another broadband connectivity option for connecting to Cable, VDSL or Fiber modems IP based Bandwidth Control makes it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of devices that connected to the modem router Wi-Fi On/Off Button allows users to simply turn their wireless radio on or off
Here you can see the complete user guide for this device.
Logging into your device
Please put the Default IP of 192.168.1.1 in your Internet Browser (IE: Chrome or Firefox) as http://192.168.1.1
When the Login screen comes up please set the following for the login credentials.
Once you have logged into your device you will see the Status Page.
- Please look in the Left Hand Column for Voice and click on SIP Account
You will see the Sip Account Management page and you can either click on Add or click on Edit to edit an existing account.
Then you will see the Page where you can configure your TP-Link Lines.
- ProfileName: Set any name you like to Identify the account.
- Display Name: Set the CallerID Name you would like for your outbound calls.
- Authentication ID: 100000 (Set with your 6 digit Main SIP account UserID or Sub Account user name, i.e. 123456 or 123456_sub) Shown on your Portal Home Page.
- Registrar Address: Atlanta2.voip.ms (You can choose any of our multiple VoIP.ms servers
- Sip Proxy: Atlanta2.voip.ms (You can choose any of our multiple VoIP.ms servers
- Outbound Proxy: Atlanta2.voip.ms (You can choose any of our multiple VoIP.ms servers
- Phone Number: 100000 (Set with your 6 digit Main SIP account UserID or Sub Account user name, i.e. 123456 or 123456_sub) Shown on your Portal Home Page.
- Password: Your VoIP.ms SIP Password. You can Confirm your Main Account SIP Password HERE
- Registrar Port: Set 5080
- Sip Proxy Port: Set 5080
- Outbound Proxy Port: Set 5080
Now you should be able to save these settings and restart the TP-Link. After a restart please test calling into and out of your TP-Link.