From VoIP.ms Wiki
- Start Linphone Softphone
- Click on the Assitant option.
- Select the option Use a SIP Account.
- Fill in the information according to your account
- Username: 100000 (Your Main SIP User ID or Sub Account ID).
- Display Name: Your name or company name. (See the requirements below)
- SIP Domain: atlanta.voip.ms
- Password: Your Main SIP password or Sub Account password.
- Transport: UDP or TCP.
Note: atlanta.voip.ms can be replaced with any of the servers available with voip.ms.
IMPORTANT for Display Name: - We suggest entering your outbound Caller ID Name must be in capital letters. This will appears more clearly/visible on some devices. - You must NOT use any special characters, they will not be displayed. - Enter a max of 15 characters. Some of regular Canadian providers will not show more than 15 characters max. We suggest shrinking or adapt your caller ID. - Spaces are allowed in a caller id name.
- Click on the Use button
- Your Linphone should be ready to make calls
- To confirm that you have registered this softphone properly, you can make a call to the Echo test application (dial 4443).
Configuring Linphone with Encryption
- Fill in the information according to your account.
- Append the port 5061 to the server. (E.g. atlanta1.voip.ms:5061)
- On the option Transport select TLS.
- Click on the menu that is on the top right corner and click on Preferences.
- Click on the tab Call and Chat and enable "SRTP".