From VoIP.ms Wiki
- Enter the IP in the address bar of your browser for the unit
- Enter the password for the unit and click Authenticate
- Go to WAN tab
- Select auto configuration tab and uncheck "Enable Automatic Configuration"
- Go to SIP tab
- Primary Server: Enter the following.
- Enter the server name. Example: atlanta.voip.ms
- Port 5060
- Domain Name: voip.ms
- Check "Send Registration Request"
- Dial Plan: (>#|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|0|11|*9[7-8]|*75xx)
- Transport: UDP
- User/Phone Num: Your SIP Username
- CallerID Name: Enter the CID you want to send
- Port*: 5060
- AEC On: On
- Authentication User Name: 100000 (Replace with your SIP Username)
- Password: SIP Password
- Click Save SIP Settings
- Go to CODECS tab
- Force preferred CODEC Line 1: Set your preferred CODEC, recommended is G711U
- The CODEC set must be enabled in your account: Account Settings -> Advanced
- Click Save CODEC Configuration
- Go to Miscellaneous tab
- Enter an NTP server
- Free NTP Servers available at http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/
- Click Save Settings
- Click the Reset button to reboot the gateway
- Under the SIP Server Settings the device supports a fail over server, but at this time the server does not support this. Leave this blank or you will have problems receiving incoming calls.
- The dial plan supports 10 & 11 digit dialing, *97 & *98 for voice mail, *75 dialing from the phonebook, 411, 811, & 911.
- When modifying the dialing plan >#| is required at the start of the plan, though I don't know why.