From VoIP.ms Wiki
Designed for SMBs, Yeastar Cloud PBX delivers enterprise-grade communications features along with advanced UC capabilities, bringing a solid, reliable and affordable hosted business voice solution.
Configuring your PBX
Assuming that your VoIP.ms account is active and your DID has been chosen, you may follow the steps below:
- 1) Go to Settings > PBX > Trunks, click Add.
- 2) In the new window, select Canada/United States from the Select Country drop-down list, select VoIP.ms from the ITSP menu and follow the information below:
- Name: Give this SIP trunk a name to help you identify it.
- Protocol: SIP
- Trunk Type: Register Trunk.
- Transport: UDP
- Username: Your VoIP.ms account username.
- Authentication Name: Same as the username.
- From User: Same as the username.
- Password: Your VoIP.ms Account password.
- Caller ID Number: Your VoIP.ms Account DID number.
- 3) Click Save and Apply. Go to PBX Monitor to check if the SIP trunk is connected successfully as the screenshot below shows.
Set up Outgoing Calls
- 1) To make outbound calls via the newly created SIP trunk, you need to configure an outbound route for the trunk. Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Outbound Routes, click Add.
- 2) The system compares the number with the pattern that you have defined in your route 1. If it matches, it will initiate the call using the selected trunks. If it does not, it will compare the number with the pattern you have defined in route 2 and so on. The outbound route which is in a higher position will be matched firstly.
- Route Name: Give this outbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Dial Patterns: Set the dial patterns. As the settings below, to make calls via the SIP trunk, you need to precede the number to be dialed with the prefix 8.
- Dial Pattern: 8
- Strip: 1
- Member Extensions: Select the extensions that are allowed to make calls through the outbound route.
- Member Trunks: Select the VoIP.ms trunk.
- 3) Now you can make outbound calls through the VoIP.ms trunk. As the dial patterns configured above, you need to dial “8” before the destination number. For example, to call the number “101234567”, you need to dial “8101234567” on your phone.
Set up Incoming Calls
- 1) To specify how calls from the VoIP.ms trunk should be routed, you need to configure an inbound route for the SIP trunk. Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Inbound Routes, click Add.
- 2) Configure the Inbound Route.
- Name: Give this inbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Member Trunks: Choose the VoIP.ms trunk.
- Destination: Select the destination where the incoming calls will be routed.
- 3) Click Save and Apply. When you call in the SIP trunk, the call will be routed to the destination configured on the inbound route.