From VoIP.ms Wiki
Vodia PBX by Vodia Networks
Vodia PBX is a software-based, open standards IP PBX that offers complete UC functionality right out of the box. Vodia makes installation, management, and maintenance of your PBX so easy that you can effortlessly manage it yourself, whether on an appliance, on your servers or in your cloud account.
Before configuring the SIP trunk (in your Vodia system) it is required to go through the following checklist and make changes where necessary:
⦁ NAT (when used) created to Vodia PBX
⦁ Firewall Checker passed
Setting up Voip.ms
The first thing is adjusting the Device type. To do so, please navigate to Main Menu → Account settings → Inbound Settings, make sure that the Protocol for Inbound DIDs is set to SIP and that the Device type is set to IP PBX Server. Apply any changes made.
Next, we are going to set our dialing mode under General setting, Choose American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA) and apply the changes.
Make sure that the DIDs ordered are linked to your account. To do so navigate to DID Numbers → Manage DIDs. Click on the Edit DID icon and make sure that the routing points to SIP/IAX on your Main account.
- Registrar: Go to Main Menu → Account Settings → Default DID Routing. From here, take note of the server selected to be the Point of Presence of your DID. In this example, the server New York-1 (newyork.voip.ms) will be the one used for our configuration.
The Point of Presence can be also confirmed or edited from the settings of the DID at DID Numbers → Manage DIDs
In order to register and operate the trunk in Vodia PBX, you will have to collect some information that will be needed in the configuration of the trunk.
- Username: The username for registering the trunk can be found under Main Menu → Account Information
- Password: The trunk password can be found in the email you received from VoIP.ms during the registration process. You can also change the password by navigating to Main Menu → Account Settings → Security.
Configuring the Trunk on the Vodia PBX
The general instructions outlining how to add a new SIP Trunk to Vodia PBX can be found here: https://doc.vodia.com/trunk_create
To create a SIP trunk, navigate to your domain and choose VoIP Providers in the left-hand panel, then click the plus button to create a trunk. Choose other under the setting provider.
Fill the settings of your trunk with the following information
- Type of SIP is Registration
- Name: VoIP.ms
- Outbound Proxy address: The server your DIDs have set as their Point of Presence, example (newyork.voip.ms)
- User name: Your VoIP.ms SIP Username found under Main Menu → Account Information
- Password: VoIP.ms password found under Main Menu → Account Settings → Security
Press create to complete the configuration.
Vodia Trunk settings
We will need to change a few settings to complete the VoIP.ms trunk configuration. Click on your newly created trunk.
- Under Display Name: add your DID number
- Account: add your SIP user account
- Domain name: add your registrar proxy, should be the proxy address found under Menu → Account Settings → Default DID Routing in your VoIP.ms account
- Explicitly list address for inbound traffic: Enter the IPV4 of your registrar proxy, for example, you can ping newyork.voip.ms (184.108.40.206) or if you not sure, check which registrar server you have chosen under Menu → Account Settings → Default DID Routing
We need to configure the Vodia PBX on how to handle incoming calls on the system. Let's scroll down to Routing / Redirection.
Under (Destination for incoming call) you will be presented with a drop-down with five routing settings. We will be focusing only on two of the settings in which you can choose the best on that fits your needs.
- Send calls to the destination in the Request-URI: The Vodia PBX will look at the request URI on an inbound call, for example,SIP:857343XXXX@72.251.XXX.XX:5060 SIP/2.0. if this DID is present on the system, Vodia will simply send the call to the specific extension or account on the system. To add a DID to your extension simply navigate to Accounts → Extension in your domain, choose an extension you would like to append the DID too. For example, 440 is the extension account then space and the DID number 440 978456XXXX you can add multiple DIDs to an extension by simply repeating the same process; 440 978456XXXX 978456XXXX 978456XXXX etc.
- Send all calls to a specific account: You can use this setting to send a call to a specific account on the system, Under (Default Account), Vodia will present to a list of user and account on the system you can choose from.
Once you have finished configuring your trunk settings, scroll to the button of the page and press save. At this point, if you refresh the page under VoIP provider you should see your VoIP.ms Trunk appear as registered. Also, the Vodia PBX will automatically create a dial plan for your domain.
If you would like to edit the dial plan navigate to Trunks → VoIP Provider → Dial plan
Contact Vodia Networks Support
If you run into any issues, you can send an email to Vodia's support Team at email@example.com