From VoIP.ms Wiki
Custom Music on Hold
This feature allows you to upload and use your own music audio files to play them while the customer is put "on hold" or during the "ring time" when you receive an incoming call.
You can upload your custom audio files from Recordings section and then convert them into MOH-files. Thereafter you can use your MOH-files in some of your features like:
- Calling queues
- Ring groups
- Call hunting
- Main account or subaccount settings
Upload your custom music files
Go to DID Numbers>> Recordings section and click at "Upload new recording" button. From the pop-up window, you only need to fill
- Name: Assign a name for your recording
- File: Click on "Choose file" button to look for the audio files stored on your PC.
- Upload: Click on "Upload file" button to upload your audio file.
Converting recordings into MOH-Files
On this step, we convert the Recording file we just uploaded into a MOH-File. We can do this from 2 different sections.
1. From DID Numbers>> Recordings section
Once you upload your recording you can click on the headphones icon to easily convert this recording into a MOH-File you only need to assign a name for the MOH-File and click "Save"
2. From DID Numbers>> Custom Music on Hold section
In this section, you can convert any recording file into a MOH-file by clicking on "Add a custom Music on Hold" button.
From the pop-up window, fill the Description which is the name of the MOH-file and drag and drop the recordings from the left column (Available Recordings) to the right column (Selected Recordings). The MOH-file is by default set to "High volume" if you want to decrease the volume you can activate the switch button "Quite volume". Click at Save button.
Using your MOH-file with a feature
Now your MOH-file is ready to be used along with one of the following features:
- "Music on hold" for a subaccount or the main account
Available at Subaccounts>> Manage Subaccounts, click on the orange icon with a pen and look for "Music on Hold" setting.
- "Music on hold" for a calling queue
Available at DID Numbers>> Calling queues, click on the orange icon with a pen and loof for "Music on Hold" setting.
- "Music the caller will hear while the call is answered", your MOH-file will be available for a Ring group or Call hunting
For a Ring group is available at DID Numbers>> Ring groups, click on the orange icon with a pen and look for the setting "Music the caller will hear while the call is answered"
For a Call hunting is available at DID Numbers>> Call hunting, click on the orange icon with a pen and look for the setting "Music the caller will hear, while is answered:"