Troubleshooting Outgoing Calls
From VoIP.ms Wiki
|Article en Français||Artículo en Español|
In this entry we are going talk about one of VoIP troubleshooting, when you try to call a number and you can not reach it:
If you try to reach a number and it is Unreachable, here are some tips that you can do.
- Confirm if your account has enough balance, you can check this on Customer portal -> Finances -> Account balance. Only accounts with a balance over $0 are able to send and receive calls.
- Check if the account or sub account you are using to dial this number is registered at the moment, you can see this going to Customer portal -> Main menu -> Portal home -> Registration status. If unsure about your registration status you can also dial 4443 (free call) to reach our echo test, if you can reach it then you are registered.
- Make sure you are not blocking your CallerID. You can check in your CDR if you see Anonymous for your outbound calls try Dialing *68, to disable CallerID Block, then Hangup and try another call.
If your account or sub account is not registered, you can check these links, according device or application you are using for dialing out the calls:
- For PBX´s servers: http://wiki.voip.ms/article/PBXs
- For ATA devices: http://wiki.voip.ms/article/Devices
- For Softphones: http://wiki.voip.ms/article/Softphones
- Make sure that the number is being dialed correctly. Check Dial Mode on Customer Portal >> Main Menu >> Account Settings >> General. For Local numbers you can dial the 10 digits number or also try to use prefix 1. For international numbers you need to dial using prefixes 00 or 011 + country code + number (This is if you have the default dialing mode, it can be changed between NANPA dialing mode or E164 dialing mode in your account´s restrictions, in the "General" tab).
- Verify if you are trying to reach a valid number, per example, you can try to reach this number from a land line.
- It does not matter if you are trying to reach a USA/CAN or an international number, you should check if the country you are calling is allowed in your destinations, you can see this on customer portal -> main menu >> Account settings >> Account restrictions
- And, if this is an international number, make sure that your International calls are enabled for the main account or sub account being used. For your main account please check customer portal -> main menu -> account settings -> Account restrictions. For a sub account please go to customer portal -> Sub account -> manage sub account -> edit sub account -> international calls.
Important Note: Some destinations are not allowed by default, please check this on Customer portal -> Main menu -> Portal home - >Allowed international destination -> click for details
- Try to reach this number using our 2 routes : Value and Premium. For Canadian numbers, you can change this value on Customer portal -> Main menu -> Account settings -> Account routing. For international numbers, if you are dialing it from your main account, then you can change this value on Customer portal -> Main menu -> Account settings -> Account routing, or if you are dialing it from a sub account, then you can change this value on Customer portal -> Sub account -> Manage sub accounts -> Edit sub accounts -> International route.
Important Note: Some numbers can not be reached from Voip.ms system, per example international premium numbers, international toll free numbers which are only reachable from the country they belong. Go to Customer Portal >> Rates >> Check Rates Online, there you can paste the number you are dialing to check the description.
- If you still experiencing issues, please contact Voip.ms technical support staff via ticket( sending an email to email@example.com ) or via live chat, specifying in detail the number called, the result (long silence, busy, etc) and on the case of Canada, the route that was used (value/premium). If possible copy-paste the entries of your VoIP.ms Call detail record on the ticket. The more detail received by support, the more quickly they will be able to help.