From VoIP.ms Wiki
Trixbox is an operating system distribution that has the distinction of being a telephone exchange (PBX) software based on open source Asterisk PBX. Like any PBX, to interconnect a company's internal phone and connect the telephone network.
On console, login into you new trixbox with the username: root and the password you selected during installation.
When you log in the system will tell you what IP address it received from your DHCP server. You can give the system a permanent address now by typing system-config-network or setting the IP address from the GUI. If you reconfigured the IP address, restart the network device by running service network restart. To continue configuration connect to your system with a web browser using the assigned IP you specified in the previous step.
|Once we're there, we will log by clicking "Switch"||Please log in, by default the user/password are: maint/password.|
Now, we finally should see the Trixbox GUI Web interface, to start the Tribox configuration, look for PBX section >> PBX Settings, in the left menu.
Once there, click on Trunks option and select the trunk of your preference, SIP or IAX2 protocol based.
[For this example, we will add a SIP trunk]
Now we are in the SIP Trunk Section.
- A Dial Rule controls how calls will be dialed on this trunk. It can be used to add or remove prefixes. Numbers that don't match any patterns without a + and | to add or remove prefix.
Only the first matched rule will be excuted and the remaining rules will not be acted on.
X mathes any digit from 0-9 Z matches any digit from 1-9 N matches any digit from 2-9
A few samples :
A local 7 digts number: NXXXXX Toll-Free numbers : 1800NXXXXX There are a few samples , you can set all your rules in the outbound routes section.
- Trunk Name: Gives this trunk a unique name. NOTE: For IAX trunks, the name must be set as voipms
- PEER Details: Modify the default connection parameters for VoIP.ms.
canreinvite=nonat ; nat=yes ; uncomment if behind nat context=from-trunk host=atlanta.voip.ms secret=johnspassword ;your password type=friend username=100000 ;your account disallow=all allow=ulaw ; allow=g729 ; uncomment if you purchased g.729 from Digium fromuser=100000 ;your account trustrpid=yes sendrpid=yes insecure=port,invite qualify=yes
- User Details: Modify the default user connection parameters (leave in blank)
- Register String: Establish the connection with your voip.ms account, and determine the port used. Example:
You can select one of our different servers: Atlanta, GA: atlanta.voip.ms (18.104.22.168) Chicago, IL: chicago.voip.ms (22.214.171.124) Dallas, TX: dallas.voip.ms (126.96.36.199) Houston, TX: houston.voip.ms (188.8.131.52) Los Angeles, CA: losangeles.voip.ms (184.108.40.206) New York, NY: newyork.voip.ms (220.127.116.11) Seattle, WA: seattle.voip.ms (18.104.22.168) Tampa, FL: tampa.voip.ms (22.214.171.124) Montreal 2,QC: montreal2.voip.ms (126.96.36.199) Toronto 2, ON: toronto2.voip.ms (188.8.131.52) Montreal,QC: montreal.voip.ms (184.108.40.206) Toronto, ON: toronto.voip.ms (220.127.116.11) London, UK: london.voip.ms (18.104.22.168)
Then please submit these changes.
Don't forget to apply all these changes click on "Apply Configuration Change" and restart Asterisk on every change.
Now let's create an extension,this is important, you may want to have at least one extension set, in order to route your incoming calls to it, and place outgoing calls.
Please go to Basic Menu >> Extensions option >> Once there go to "Add Extension".
- User Extension: The number assign to this extension.
- Display Name: The caller ID name for calls from this extension.
- CID Num Alias: This is an Alias for the Caller ID but only for your internal calls.
- SIP Alias: If you want to support direct SIP dialing.
- Outbound CID: Override the caller ID when you call out. Caller ID format: "caller name" <###########>.
- Ring Time: Number of rings before the Voicemail kick in. You can set this value in seconds please note:
10 seconds are 2 rings 15 seconds are 3 rings 20 seconds are 4 rings 25 seconds are 5 rings
- Call Waiting: Set the initial call waiting state for this extensions.
- Call Screening: Call Screening requires external callers to say their name, which will be played back to the user and allow the user to accept or reject the call.
- Emergency CID: The caller ID we always be set when dialing out and outbound route flagged as Emergency.
- DID Description: Use an internal description for your extension. Example: Office, Fax, etc...
- Add Inbound DID: If you have a directly DID associated to this extension please put this here.
- Secret: Please set the password that you want for this extension, you will use this password when you setup this extension with a softphone or a device.
- dtmfmode: By default is rfc2833.
- Record Incoming: You can record all the incoming calls for this extension.
- Record Outgoing: You can record all the outgoing calls for this extension.
Voicemail & Directory
- Voicemail Password: This is the password used to access the Voicemail system.
- Email Address: The email address that Voicemail are sent to.
- Pager Email Address: Email address that shorts Voicemail notifications are sent to.
- Email Attachment: Option to attache Voicemail to mail.
- Play CID: Reads back the callers telephone number.
- Play Envelope: Envelope control whether or not the Voicemail system will play the message envelope.
- Delete Voicemail: If set yes the messages will be deleted from the voicemail box (after having been emailed).
- VM Options: Separate option with pipe (|)
The outgoing calls are sent over trunks, and determined by the configuration of the Outbound Routing page.
- Go to outbound Routes section >> add route.
- Route Name: The name of the route, should be use to describe what type of calls this route matches Ex, Local or International.
- Route Password: A route can prompt a user for a password before do his calls. (optional)
- PIN Set: If use this option leave the password option in blank.
- Emergency Dialing: Select this option if this set of routes is used for emergency calls.
- Intra Company Route: Selecting this route will treat this route as intra company route.
- Music On Hold: Default (optional)
- Dial Patterns: A dial pattern is a unique set of digits that will that will select this trunk, if you want to add a outbound rules please use the "Dial patterns wizards":
Local 7 digits: NXXXXXX Local 10 digits: NXXNXXXXXX Toll Free: 1800NXXXXXX 1888NXXXXXX 1877NXXXXXX 1866NXXXXXX Long Distance: 1NXXNXXXXXX International: 011 Information: 411 311 Emergency: 911
- Trunk Sequence: The trunk sequence control the order on how the trunks will be used when the dial patterns are matched.
Now save the changes.
We strongly recommend you to change the password in your account, PBX system and extensions on it, periodically
As a preventive measure you also can disable International calls on your account. From the customer portal >> Main Menu >> Account Settings >> Account Restrictions. These settings define the restrictions the system will use when you place calls to either USA48, Canada or International Numbers.
Additionally, you can use in your SIP.Conf alwaysauthreject = yes, what the alwaysauthreject parameter does when set to yes, is it will ALWAYS return an authentication error instead of a "404 - Not Found", even when the extension doesn't exist. This mess up scanners, because the program detect an "existing" extension even if it's not present on the server. Unfortunatly, it's way from being fool proof, but it's a nice security addition that you can set to your Asterisk based PBX.
To shut down or Trixbox, you can close your browser, and then to stop the server we go to the Trixbox CE and we put the command: logout .