From VoIP.ms Wiki
In this entry we show how to get started in Trixbox, the initial settings and first steps.
But before, we talk a little about what is Trixbox and what we can do with it.
Trixbox is an operating system distribution that has the distinction of being a telephone exchange (PBX) software based on open source Asterisk PBX. Like any PBX, to interconnect a company's internal phone and connect the telephone network.
With Trixbox we are many features including:
- Creating extensions
- Sending voice messages to e-mail
- Conference Calls
- Digital Receptionist (IVR)
- Calling Queues
Once installed Trixbox and once they load, we going to be in this section that asks us to connect us with the server. Will ask us for a username and password, by default is: root Login / Password: password (or select one if you set at the time of installation).
|After that please select the IP that are show it.||And paste this on your browser.|
|Once we're there, we will log by clik in "Switch"||Please log in, by default the user/password are: maint/password.|
Now we are in the main Trixbox interface, here is where we will see an overview of our system. To begin configuring your Trixbox with our VoIP.ms account go to the PBX section >> PBX Settings.
Once you get in, please go to the trunk section and then please select the trunk of your choice, SIP or IAX2.
Now we are in the SIP Trunk Section.
- Outbound Caller ID: Format "caller name" <5094623XX> You can aslo use the magic string hiden to hidde the Caller ID sent out over Digital Lines.
- A Dial Rule controls how calls will be dialed on this trunk. It can be used to add or remove prefixes. Numbers that don't match any patterns without a + and | to add or remove prefix.
Only the first matched rule will be excuted and the remaining rules will not be acted on.
X mathes any digit from 0-9 Z matches any digit from 1-9 N matches any digit from 2-9
A few samples for how to set your rules:
A local 7 digts number: NXXXXX Toll-Free numbers : 1800NXXXXX There are a few samples , you can set all your rules in the outbound routes section.
- Trunk Name: Gives this trunk a unique name Ex: VoIP.ms
- PEER Detail: Modify the default connection parameters for VoIP.ms, you may need to add here the following trunk with your account information:
canreinvite=nonat ; nat=yes ; uncomment if behind nat context=from-trunk host=atlanta.voip.ms secret=johnspassword ;your password type=friend username=100000 ;your account disallow=all allow=ulaw ; allow=g729 ; uncomment if you purchased g.729 from Digium fromuser=100000 ;your account trustrpid=yes sendrpid=yes insecure=port,invite qualify=yes