From VoIP.ms Wiki
|[quality revision]||[draft revision]|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 18:31, 3 December 2020
|Article en Français||Artículo en Español|
Two-factor authentication is a method for securing the account, there are several methods available however in VoIP.ms we offer 2 options.
- 2 step authentication using a one time code sent via email (OTP) You can find the guide for this feature in our wiki page Two-Step Verification
- Authentication based on a time-based one-time password (TOTP) using an authenticator app like FreeOTP, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, etc.
Using TOTP as the authentication method allows an extra layer of security on your VoIP.ms account which requires a device with access to such authenticator app as those mentioned above.
Enabling TOTP will disable 2 step Authentication (OTP) via email as both are mutually exclusive.
Activate This Option for your Account
1) To active this feature go to your Customer portal home and click on “Main Menu” > “Account Settings”
2) Once you are in the "Account settings" section, navigate to the Security tab and scroll down to find the Account security options "2FA/TOTP Authentication" and click on the "Enable" button.
3) A confirmation window will pop up, click on "Yes, get my QR code" button.
4) A QR code will show up in the new window, you can download this image, scan it with your authenticator app (Google Authenticator in the image below) or input the text string below the image. Either will work.
Pairing your authenticator app
1) Open your preferred authenticator app, for the purpose of this wiki, will be using Google authenticator. Click on the begin button if you haven't used the app before or click on add an account button otherwise.
2) Use the scanner or input manually the code using your keyboard. After added you'll see a timed six-digit code on the screen
3) You can now input in the VoIP.ms website the code in the TOTP window below were the QR code is displayed then click on the "Validate" button to complete the validation.
The code in the screen is timed and will only work while the timer is shown after it's done the code will change and you'll need to input the new code instead.
4) After the last step is done and if everything is correct a warning will show up letting you know the code will appear only once more in your account which you can download again. Click either download or accept to finish.