From VoIP.ms Wiki
The Ring Group feature allows you to have incoming calls to be redirected to different destinations that are included in your Ring Group, where a member of the group is able to answer. When you receive a call to a DID routed to a Ring Group, all members of that group will ring at the same time until one of them answers the call. You can add various types of members to a ring group: Main Account, Sub Accounts, SIP URI's, Call Forwarding.
You can also select which voicemail should be used by the system in case none of the members answer the call. The limit of members in a Ring Group is 12: Up to 8 (SIP, IAX2, or SIP URI) members and up to 4 call forward entries per each Ring Group.
Creating a Ring Group Entry
From your main portal please refer to DID Numbers -> Ring Group. You will have to click on the link that reads Click here to create a new ring group. Then another screen will prompt and you will have to enter the following information:
Description: This can be used as a note or description to easily identify your ring groups.
Caller Announcement: This setting is optional. You can select the default announcement or one of your own recordings to be played to the caller before sending the call to the Ring Group. Please note if a Recording is selected, the call will start being charged immediately even before a member answers.
Music the caller will hear while the call is answered:: This setting is also optional. The caller will hear the selected music while the members of the Ring Group are dialed. If set to 'No music', the caller will hear the normal ringing. Please note if the Music on Hold is set to "Yes", the call will start being charged immediately even before a member answers.
The following options for music are available:
- No Music, Intermittent Bleep: Silent, but with a subtle intermittent bleep sound to let your callers know that they are still on the line while they hold.
- Away in the Tropics: From Hawaii to the Caribbean, these tracks deliver sounds of ukulele, steel drums, and steel guitars.
- Coffee and Sunrise: Uplifting without being perky, and positive without being too smiley.
- Coffee Shop Acoustic: Soothing, acoustic guitar tracks makes for a relaxed feel and sets a great atmosphere.
- Easy Listening: Smooth, casual tunes.
- Guitar Alchemy: Clever harmonics and progressive chord sequences to create a joyful and warming musical experience.
- Happy Endings: Uplifting, commercial style. Guitar, drums, ukulele, harmonica and bells.
- Light and Casual: Soothing and peaceful songs with a light, positive feeling.
- Orchestral Moods: Emotional and dramatic tales spun by violins, pianos and full orchestras.
- Piano Mix: Smooth Piano
- Rock Me Easy: Feel-good music to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Spa Sounds: Soft, slow and serene instrumentals.
You can test the categories by dialing the following codes:
*** 89 Away in the Tropics
*** 90 Coffee and Sunrise
*** 91 Coffee Shop Acoustic
*** 92 Easy Listening
*** 93 Guitar Alchemy
*** 94 Happy Endings
*** 95 Light and Casual
*** 96 Orchestral Moods
*** 97 Piano Mix
*** 98 Rock Me Easy
*** 99 Spa Sounds
***100 No Music, Intermittent Bleep
Language: Here you can select the language used for the "Default Announcement" recording selected in the Caller Announcement section presented to the Caller and the "Press One to take the Call" recording presented to the Callee. You have the choice between English, French and Spanish.
Members: Here you can select the members of the ring group. Your account currently has a Ring Group restriction limit of up to 8 SIP, IAX2 or SIP URI members and/or up to 4 Call Forwarding entries, for a total of 12 possible members per Ring Group entry. You can set individual Ring Times for every member of your Ring Group as well as configure every member for Answer Confirmation by making them press the key "1" to take the call.
Voicemail: Optionally, you can select a Voicemail for this ring group that will override the default DID Voicemail.
Finally, just hit the Create button and you will be done creating your entry. Please keep your Ring Groups up to date by removing inactive members.
Routing your DID to your Ring Group
After you have created your Ring Group entry, you will need to route any of your DIDs to your Ring Group entry from your main portal.
Remember that you need to scroll down and apply the settings to have them changed.