From VoIP.ms Wiki
How to use your own Recordings?
The recordings cannot be used for your Voicemail Custom Greeting, please refer to our Voicemail Wiki Page on how to set this properly.
IMPORTANT: The sound file should be a non compressed Windows .WAV (MP3 is not currently an option) sound file (extension .wav) with the Format: PCM, 8kHz, 16 bits and Mono.
Creating a Recording
If you are familiar with creating or editing sound files please do so using your favorite Sound Editing Software like Audacity.
If you are unfamiliar with creating a sound file, please do not worry because, there is an easy way to create your properly formatted Recording. You can leave yourself a Voicemail and use the file that is emailed to you as your recording to be uploaded under Recordings.
Note: For this to work, please make sure you modify your Voicemail Mailbox in Voicemail Section to change the format from compressed WAV49 format to uncompressed WAV format and save.
How you can upload a Recording
To upload a recording, you need to login on the customer portal, then you have to go to DID numbers -> Recordings. You will see this:
- Name: you can set the name you want to identify this recording
- File: here you need to select the recording you want to upload on your account.
- Upload: click on this to start uploading procedure.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you upload a new recording, the system can take up to 60 seconds to propagate this recording to all VoIP servers. It will not be playable until this process is complete.
Once you upload a recording you will see:
Once a recording is in your account you can execute the following actions:
- Test Dial Code: Dial this code to hear the uploaded recording and confirm everything is correct.
IMPORTANT NOTE : The system will attempt to convert your uncompressed (non wav49) .wav file into the required format once the upload is complete, however, the result can not be guaranteed if the file is not in the proper format.
- Download: Use this option if you want to download this recording from your account.
- Re-upload: Use this option if you want to upload again this recording in your account.
- Delete: Use this option if you want to delete this recording from your account when you no longer need it.
How you can use a Recording
From our system your recordings can be used in different features, such as:
- Digital receptionist in your Customer Portal -> DID Numbers.
- Calling Queues in your Customer Portal -> DID Numbers.
- To Route a DID Number in your Customer Portal -> DID Numbers -> Manage DIDs -> Select DID -> Edit DID -> Routing
- To Route Failover Options in your Customer Portal -> DID Numbers -> Manage DIDs -> Select DID -> Edit DID -> Failover