From VoIP.ms Wiki
How to use your own Recordings?
VoIP.ms allows you to upload an audio file and use in the different options we have under DID numbers menu. It can be used with several of the other features of our system such as Digital receptionist, Calling queues, and others.
The sound file should be a Windows .WAV sound file (extension .wav) with a format: PCM 8kHz 16 bits Mono.
How you can upload a Recording
To upload a recording, you need to login on the customer portal, then you have to go to DID numbers -> Recordings. There you will see this:
- Name: you can set the name you want to identify this recording
- File: here you need to select the recording you want to upload on your account.
- Upload: click on this to start uploading procedure.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you upload a new recording the system can take up to 60 seconds to propagate this recording to all VoIp servers. It will not be playable until this process is complete.
Once you upload a recording you will see:
Once a recording is in your account you can execute the following actions:
- Test Dial Code: Dial this code to hear the uploaded recording and confirm everything is correct.
IMPORTANT NOTE : The system will attempt to convert your .wav file into the required format once the upload is complete, however, the result can not be guaranteed if the file is not in the proper format.
- Download: Use this option if you want to download this recording from your account.
- Re-upload: Use this option if you want to upload again this recording in your account.
- Delete: Use this option if you want to delete this recording from your account when you do not longer need it..
How you can use a Recording
From our system your recordings can be used in different features, such as:
- Digital receptionist on customer portal -> DID numbers.
- Calling queues on customer portal -> DID numbers.
- To route a DID number on customer portal -> DID numbers -> Manage DID -> Select DID -> edit DID -> Routing
- To route failover options on customer portal -> DID numbers -> Manage DID -> Select DID -> edit DID -> Failover