Positron Telecom Systems
From VoIP.ms Wiki
Positron IP PBX solutions offer small and medium sized businesses powerful VoIP phone systems that combine voice and data into one easy-to-use device, also known as Unified Communications. These features, which were traditionally only available to large companies allow you to be more efficient and productive.
Configuring your PBX
Assuming that your VoIP.ms account is active and your DID has been chosen, you may follow the steps below:
- 1) Verify that the DTMF mode is set to "AUTO" in the VoIP.ms portal. To do so, log onto VoIP.ms portal, head over to Main Menu → Account Settings → Advanced and select "AUTO".
- 2) Make sure that you have your account username, password and server address. In case of doubt, you may find your username and server address in the Main Menu → Portal Home and under Main Account Registration Status.
- 3) On the Positron PBX, go to PBX → Trunks/lines → Trunks/lines and click Add
- 4) Give the trunk a name and the following information of your account:
- IP Address / Domain: One of VoIP.ms multiple servers, you can choose the one closest to your location
- User name: 100000 (Replace with your 6 digit Main SIP account UserID or Sub Account user name, i.e. 100000_sub)
- Password: Your VoIP.ms SIP Password
- After that, click Save.
- 5) Once the trunk has been created, click Edit beside the trunk and in the larger amount of settings available, remove the username from the "From User" field and enter the DID under "Custom" in the P-Asserted Identity field, then click Save.
- 6) You should now be able to apply configurations. Once applied, you will see the trunk in the VoIP section of the status screen.
Set up Outgoing Calls
- 1) On the Positron PBX, head over to PBX → Trunks/lines → Outgoing line groups and create a new group linked to the trunk. The trunk name created before should be available in the drop down menu.
- 2) Once completed, go to PBX → Call Handling → Outgoing call rules and choose the ruleset that extensions will be using. We recommend that you create a few rules to test standard patterns e.g. 10-digit dialing and long-distance calling and make sure that they are using the Outgoing line group you have just created.
Set up Incoming Calls
- 1) On the Positron PBX, go to PBX → Call Handling → Incoming call rules and create a new group and make sure it is linked to the new trunk (by using the checkboxes).
- 2) Edit the new group and enter the DID in the DID field and choose the extension (either IVR, ring group or simple extension) that the incoming call should go to.
- 3) At this point you should be set up to for incoming and outgoing calls, but if you have another SIP trunk with another provider, you should also check that your SIP Registration Timer is set at a minimum of 600. To do so, on the Positron PBX, head over to PBX → PBX Settings → SIP → and set the SIP Registration Timer at a minimum of 600.
In the event where you need the guides directly from Positron, you may find the installation and the admin guides below:
Installation Guide : Download PDF
Admin Guide : Download PDF