Panasonic KX-TGP 550
From VoIP.ms Wiki
- Panasonic KX-TGP-550 (cordless VoIP 'phone with one base handset, one remote handset)
- Panasonic KX-TGP-500 (cordless VoIP 'phone with one remote handset, no handset on base)
- Panasonic KX-TGP-551 (cordless VOIP 'phone with one base handset, one remote handset)
*Remember to install batteries in your cordless handsets before you start the registration process.
- Plug the cordless handset in the base unit.
- Press the center button to select the Menu option, and once you enter the Menu select the Initial Settings option (the icon is a wrench).
- Once you enter the Initial Settings menu select the Registration option (it will be on the 2nd page), and after you enter the sub-menu select Register handset (should be highlighted)
- On the base unit, press the ALL button for 4 seconds, the unit may start beeping.
*On the TGP500 (black box), it will be located on the right side of the unit. *On the TGP550 (phone base), it will be the fourth button on the top row.
Then press the OK soft button on the handset, it may take a few seconds for the unit to register. Repeat for every wireless handset you have.
Enter the Panasonic KX-TGP 550 Configuration Panel.
- On the handset, press the center button to select Menu and once you enter the Menu select IP Service (looks like a toolbox).
- On the IP Service menu the Network Setting option should be highlighted, select it and on the sub-menu select IP Settings and the IP address of the base unit should be displayed, record this IP address, as you will need it momentarily.
- If the IP address doesn't display you may need to repeat the handset registration procedure or check that it has a connection to the network and a DHCP server is available.
- Press the Back soft button to be returned to the menu, and select Embedded web. By default, Off is highlighted, press the middle button up once to highlight On and press it once to save the setting. The handset will beep if successful.
- Enter the IP address of the base unit into your web browser, the default username is admin and password is adminpass.
Register the Panasonic KX-TGP 550 with Voip.ms
Complete the following fields:
- Phone number: 1234567890 (Replace with your DID Phone number)
- Line ID: 100000 (Replace with your Main SIP account or Subaccount UserID, e.g. 198765 or 198765_sub)
- Registrar Server Address: servername.voip.ms (Pick one of VoIP.ms multiple servers)
- Registrar Server port: 5060 (Default SIP Port)
- Proxy server Address: servername.voip.ms (Pick one of VoIP.ms multiple servers)
- Proxy server port: 5060
- Presence server port: 5060
- Service domain: servername.voip.ms (Pick one of VoIP.ms multiple servers)
Remember to match the Registrar Server Address, Proxy server Address and the Service domain options with each other. Also remember to use the same server that you set as Point of Presence (POP) to your DID.
- Source port: 5060
- **Authentication ID: 100000 (Replace with your Main SIP account or Subaccount UserID, e.g. 198765 or 198765_sub)
- **Authentication password: ********* (Use the SIP account password-By default the same as the Customer portal)
- Keep Alive Interval: Change from 0 to around 15
**You can find this information by logging to your Customer portal.
The default registration expiry time on this device is 3600 seconds. You may have to reduce that if you lose registration. Unfortunately, that can not be set on the web interface. You need to load a provisioning configuration file from a web or FTP server (details here, page 132 for file format). The parm is REG_EXPIRE_TIME_[n]="mmm", where n is line number, and mmm is the registration interval. e.g. REG_EXPIRE_TIME_1="180" to set line 1 registration time to 180 seconds. A symptom of this problem is that the telephone web interface shows that the line is registered, but the voip.ms control panel indicates that it is not registered. This device supports multiple provisioning files in a hierarchy.
The "Phone Number" field may contain only digits, and *must* contain at least one digit, or the base unit won't try to register it. Within those restrictions it can be any number you want. When using the handset (or base unit) to select a line from which to dial, this number will be displayed next to the entry for the associated line. I think Panasonic's idea is that this is supposed to be a DID associated with the SIP address, but it doesn't have to be.
Enter your SIP username in the "Line ID" field and again in the "Authentication ID" field. If you are registering a voip.ms main account your SIP username will be your six-digit account number. If you are registering a sub-account it will be your main account number followed by an underscore followed by the sub-account number.
You can register at any voip.ms server (e.g. "atlanta.voip.ms") but you must enter your chosen server name in the "Registrar Server Address" and "Proxy Server Address" and "Service Domain" fields.
After saving these settings, check the "VoIP Status" page in the "Status" section to see if the status of this line is "registered". This product can register up to eight SIP addresses at once. If any of the SIP addresses you configured into the device do not show their status on this page as being "registered", then the status light on the base unit will flash yellow. (This is not mentioned in either the user guide nor the admin guide for this product.)
The above information applies to both the TGP-550 (where the base unit has a handset, dialpad, LCD display, etc.) and the TGP-500 (where the base unit is a faceless black box that sits in your network closet).
If you wish to have 7 digit dialing within a USA area code, go to "Telephone" "Call Control" "Line #" and in the "Dial Plan" box, enter: <:585>xxxxxx With the addition of immediate *11 calls (such as 411 or 911): 11|<:585>xxxxxx