Panasonic KX-TGP 550
From VoIP.ms Wiki
- Panasonic KX-TGP-550 (cordless VoIP 'phone with one base handset, one remote handset)
- Panasonic KX-TGP-500 (cordless VoIP 'phone with one remote handset, no handset on base)
- Panasonic KX-TGP-551 (cordless VOIP 'phone with one base handset, one remote handset)
Register the Handset(s).
*Remember to install batteries in your cordless handsets before start the registration process.
- Plug your cordless handset in the base unit.
- Press the center button to select the Menu option, and once you enter on the Menu select the Initial Settings option (the icon is a wrench).
- Once you enter on the Initial Settings menu select the Registration option (it will be on the 2nd page), and after you enter on the sub-menu select Register handset (should be highlighted)
- On the base unit, press the ALL button for 4 seconds, the unit may start beeping.
*On the TGP500 (black box), it will be located on the right side of the unit. *On the TGP550 (phone base), it will be the fourth button on the top row.
Then press the OK soft button on the handset, it may take a few seconds for the unit to register. Repeat for every wireless handset you have.
Enter the Panasonic KX-TGP 550 configuration panel.
- On your handset, press the center button to select "Menu" and once you enter on the "Menu" select "IP Service" (looks like a toolbox).
- On the "IP Service" menu the "Network setting" option should be highlighted, select it and on the sub-menu select "IP Settings" and the IP address of the base unit should be displayed, record this IP address, as you will need it momentarily.
- If the IP address doesn't display you may need to repeat the handset registration procedure or check that it has a connection to the network and a DHCP server is available.
- Press the Back soft button to be returned to the menu, and select "Embedded web". By default, "Off" is highlighted, press the middle button up once to highlight "On" and press it once to save the setting. The handset will beep if successful.
- Enter the IP address of the base unit into your web browser, the default username is admin and password is adminpass.
Register the Panasonic KX-TGP 550 with Voip.ms
Complete the following fields:
- Phone number: 1234567890 (Replace with your Phone number)
- Line ID: 100000 (Replace with your Main SIP account or Subaccount UserID, e.g. 198765 or 198765_sub)
- Registrar Server Address: atlanta.voip.ms (You can replace with any of the multiple VoIP.ms servers)
- Registrar Server port: 5060 (Default SIP Port)
- Proxy server Address: atlanta.voip.ms (Pick one of VoIP.ms multiple servers)
- Proxy server port: 5060
- Presence server port: 5060
- Service domain: atlanta.voip.ms (You can replace with any of the multiple VoIP.ms servers)
- Source port: 5060 (Change this to 16999 if all of the sudden, in the middle of the night or day, all of your phones start ringing)
- **Authentication ID: 100000 (Replace with your Main SIP account or Subaccount UserID, e.g. 198765 or 198765_sub)
- **Authentication password: ********* (Use the SIP account password-By default the same as the Customer portal)
- Keep Alive Interval: Change from 0 to around 15
**You can find this information by logging to your Customer portal.
The default registration expiry time on this device is 3600 seconds. You may have to reduce that if you lose registration. Unfortunately, that can not be set on the web interface. You need to load a provisioning configuration file from a web or FTP server (details here, page 132 for file format). The parm is REG_EXPIRE_TIME_[n]="mmm", where n is line number, and mmm is the registration interval. e.g. REG_EXPIRE_TIME_1="180" to set line 1 registration time to 180 seconds. A symptom of this problem is that the telephone web interface shows that the line is registered, but the voip.ms control panel indicates that it is not registered. This device supports multiple provisioning files in a hierarchy.
Enter your SIP username in the "Line ID" field and again in the "Authentication ID" field. If you are registering a voip.ms main account your SIP username will be your six-digit account number. If you are registering a sub-account it will be your main account number followed by an underscore followed by the sub-account number.
You can register at any voip.ms server (e.g. "atlanta.voip.ms") but you must enter your chosen server name in the "Registrar Server Address" and "Proxy Server Address" and "Service Domain" fields.
After saving these settings, check the "VoIP Status" page in the "Status" section to see if the status of this line is "registered". This product can register up to eight SIP addresses at once. If any of the SIP addresses you configured into the device do not show their status on this page as being "registered", then the status light on the base unit will flash yellow. (This is not mentioned in either the user guide nor the admin guide for this product.)
If you wish to have 7 digit dialing within a USA area code, go to "Telephone" "Call Control" "Line #" and in the "Dial Plan" box, enter: <:585>xxxxxx With the addition of immediate *11 calls (such as 411 or 911): 11|<:585>xxxxxx