From VoIP.ms Wiki
The OBi100 & OBi200 are perfect for customers who do not have a traditional phone service, yet need a similar solution and want the savings and simplicity of using a VoIP service for all their calls.
To start configuring your device you will need to plug it in to your router/modem via its Internet port with an Ethernet cable and connect a regular handset phone to it's Phone port, then follow the next steps.
Manual Configuration Details
Start by dialing * * * from the connected phone, then press 1 to confirm your choice, this will return the IP address of your device being a number similar to 192.168.xxx.xxx.
Once you get the IP address, enter it in the URL address bar "http://" of your Internet Browser to get access to the Graphic User Interface of the OBi100.
If done properly, the following window should appear on your screen:
Once you get the Authentication Required window you will be prompted for a User Name and Password, the default credentials are:
User Name: admin Password: admin
After this, you should now be able to see the OBi Web interface.
Now on the left side of the screen please find the next options and follow the next steps:
**NOTE : You may use this guide to configure an OBi110 as well. This is the VoIP.ms recommended configuration versus using the Obihai configuration dashboard (more on this later on this page) and you may also not find all new VoIP.ms servers on the Obihai Dahsboard. In order to make sure there will be no conflicts between this Manual configuration and the Obihai dashboard, please perform the following steps to disable auto-provisioning:
- System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Firmware Update -> Method : Disabled
- System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
- System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
- Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> Enable : Unchecked
Please note you must remove the check mark from the "default" column, then under "Method" please use the 'Drop Down Selection' and choose Disabled.
After this, save all changes and you are ready to move on to the actual configuration.
Configuring the ITSP Profile
In this section you will set the name and the DigiMap you will use in the profile you configure. By default you will configure the profile A, unless you use the same device with another provider.
- Name: 100000 (Replace with your 6 digit Main SIP account UserID or Sub Account user name, i.e. 123456 or 123456_sub)
- DigitMap: Copy the line, including parenthesis, in the Digitmap field in the ITSP Profile and replace the "555" digits in the following lines by the area code of your choice:
- Dial Plan (recommended):
Also, some clients have been successful by dialing **1 and *97 for line 1 or **2 and *97 for line 2.
- If you need to set the dial plan back to Default, you can use this:
In this section you can set the server and the port that you wish to register to.
Please note that in order to change the settings, you need to uncheck the Default box on the right hand side.
- ProxyServer: denver.voip.ms (one of VoIP.ms multiple servers, you can choose the one closest to your location.)
- ProxyServerPort: 5060
- RegistrarServer: denver.voip.ms (one of VoIP.ms multiple servers servers, you can choose the one closest to your location.)
- RegistrarServerPort: 5060
Additionally, you may want to change the RegisterExpires value to 300, scroll down, deselect the default box and set the value there from 3600 to 300.
Configuring Voice Services
In this section you can set your Main account/sub_account credentials like User name and Password. The Main account password by default is the same password as the Customer Portal.
- AuthUserName: 100000 (Replace with your 6 digits Main SIP account UserID or Sub Account user name, i.e. 123456 or 123456_sub)
- AuthPassword: ****** (Your SIP Account Password)
Once you have finished changing all those settings, click on the button Submit to save the changes and reboot your OBi device, your device should now be registered.
Configuring a Voice line using TLS
NOTE: This section is optional. It explains in detail how to use encrypted traffic in the device. If you are not certain about how encrypted traffic works, or the benefits of encrypting SIP traffic, please contact technical support for more information.
These devices are compatible with TLS, however, some settings need to be adjusted to have it working. This section will be assuming that your SIP account is already enabled to use TLS, if you have not enabled it yet, please follow these instructions before going further:
Configuring your OBi device
In order to use TLS/call encryption with OBi devices, you'll need to modify the following parameters accordingly. Please note that this is only available for some OBi devices, and the screenshots are from the most recent firmware version.
Under Service Providers > ITSP Profile > SIP use the following values:
- ProxySeverPort: 5061
- ProxyServerTransport: TLS
- RegistrarServerPort: 5061
- OutboundProxyPort: 5061
- X_OutboundProxyTransport: TLS
Under Voice Services > SP Service use the following values:
- X_KeepAliveServerPort: 5061
- X_SRTP: Use SRTP Only