From VoIP.ms Wiki
Once you have a DID number, you will have to edit the default settings in order to receive calls the way you need to. To do this you need to access the "Manage DID(s)" option from the "DID Numbers" menu tab.
Following there is a general screen where you will be able to see all the DID numbers in your account. Here you will see different keywords and icons that you may not be familiar with, however you can get a quick description of each one of them by clicking on the "Help" globe at the top right of the page.
There are 2 additional buttons you will see, those are "Edit Selection - All settings at Once" and "Edit Selection - One Setting at a Time"
"Edit Selection - All settings at Once", if you choose this option, you will enter an Edition page, the way the settings on this page end, is the exact way the settings will be applied to all the DID selected for edition. Be careful, as the final settings from the Edition page will be applied exactly as you see them, even those settings you did not change, will be replaced for the final configuration of the Edition page. This option is useful if you want all your DIDs with the exact same configuration for each one of the settings, including description.
"Edit Selection - One Setting at a Time", this option allows you to access the Edition page, but this time, every setting will have its own independent "Apply" button, so you can make a change to a specific setting, without affecting the rest of settings. This option is useful if you already have your DIDs configured with different settings, but you need to set only a specific setting for all of them. By doing this way, the rest of the settings from the DIDs will remain untouched.
Now, in order to access the options to edit your DID, you need to click on the little "Paper and pencil" icon.
The first and Main section you will see, is the "DID Routing" section, which may or may not have all the options available, this simply depends on which features you have already enabled from your portal, that is, if you have not created a voicemail, you wont be able to select this option.
This is basically the route the call will take, when someone calls to the DID. Whatever you select here, is the route the call will follow and will apply for all the calls.
In order to select an option, you need to click on the radio button, and then select the desired choice from the drop list (in case you have more than one option for that routing).
Next, we see the additional and mostly optional settings for the DID.
- The first option is "Additional Failover options". If you click to display, you will see 3 more DID routing sections, just like the Main, except these are meant to be used for each one of the 3 call states, Unreachable, Busy and No answer.
This allows you to set a customized routing when the call reaches 1 of the 3 Call states, instead of just going to the Voicemail.
- After, we have the Voicemail setting, here is where you need to assign a voicemail to your DID.
- DID point of presence, this setting is the server where you will locate your DID, in order to route the calls, this setting must match the same server or proxy you are using on your ATA device, PBX trunk or softphone in order to receive calls.
- The Dial Time Out in seconds, is basically the time the call will ring before it reaches one of the Failover states or voicemail.
- Caller ID name lookup, when you enable this option, the system will perform a Query on the Databases, looking for a name matching the number of your caller, and will display the name on the Caller ID name section of the caller ID.
- Caller ID name prefix, this setting will simply add any word you set, as a prefix to the Caller ID name you receive. Will also work even if you don't have "Caller ID name lookup" enabled or if you don't receive a caller ID name. This option is specially useful when you need to differentiate incoming calls from different DIDs going to the same phone.
- Note, this is just an Internal description for the DID, so you can manage them.
Remember that none of these changes will be saved until you press the "Click here to apply changes settings" button.