From VoIP.ms Wiki
In this entry we are gonna talk about the International Calls.An International Call is the call that you place in you voip.ms account to numbers out from US and Canada.
Calls to the other part of the globe are taken as a International Destination.
When you try to reach a International Number, you must follow these instructions:
- In your voip.ms account you be able to choose 2 different dialing modes(Customer Portal >> Main Menu >> Account Settings >> General.)
- North America (NANPA): You'll need to use the 00 or 011 prefix to call international numbers. - E164 : You dial numbers by using country code first, you don't need to send the 00 or 011 prefix to call international numbers.
- When you sing up, by default our account have disable international calls, please make sure that are activated(Customer Portal >> Main Menu >> Account Settings >> Account Restrictions).
- Please select the option "Yes - International Calls Enabled"
- If you want to place a International Calls, make sure that you are dialing properly the number.
* International Call : 00 or 011 + Country Code + Area Code + Number
-011 - US exit code; must be dialed first for all international calls made from the USA or Canada - country code - area code - 2 - 3 digit area codes (if it's required) - phone number - 7 - 8 digits; area code + number total 10 digits
If you are not able to reach your International Call, please trying doing this:
- Verify that you have Allow the call from this country (Customer Portal >> Main Menu >> Account Settings >> Account Restrictions).
- Try reaching this number with our Value or Premium route ( Customer Portal >> Main Menu >> Account Settings >> Account Routing).
- Trying with 033 and 044 (Value and Premium Prefix) E.G 044+ Your Number.
- Check in our "Rates" section this number and see what kind of number is. Please note there are some numbers that can't be reach in our network. Go to your Customer Portal >> Rates >> Check Rates Online and paste the number in the search field.
- If you are using a PBX you will probably need to review your outbound routes and dial plan in the PBX or Asterisk system.
- If the issue persist, please don't hesitate to contact us.