How to port my number from Google Voice to VoIP.ms
From VoIP.ms Wiki
In this wiki, we will show you how to port your Google Voice Number to VoIP.ms. With these steps you will be able to unlock your number and initiate the porting process.
1. In order to unlock your Google Voice Number, you will need to go to the Google Voice Unlock page through this link: https://www.google.com/voice/unlock.
2. You will need to select your Google Voice number that you would like to unlock. Then, press the button [Unlock my number].
3. A popup will appear to explain some useful information. Then, you will need to click on the button [CONTINUE].
4. If payment is needed, you will need to fill the required information and then press [BUY].
5. When the payment is processed successfully you will receive your Google order number and a receipt will be emailed to you.
6. Now, your number should be unlocked. When you return to the unlock Google page, you will see your number with an "unlocked" status next to it.
7. You must take a screenshot of this page, print it and hand sign it in a blank page with the date. Then, take a clear picture of it or simply scan your hand-signed screenshot.
- Be sure that the screenshot is clear and you are able to see the text clearly with the "unlocked" mention as well as your signature.
8. Once it's done, you will need to validate your Google "Voicemail" password. The needed Port-out PIN number is your voicemail password by default. You can change this in your Google Voice account settings. The Password PIN Number will be needed to port your number and you will need to add this in the 'comment' box of your porting process.
9. Finally, initiate a "Local United States" Porting order. To do so, first, you must access your VoIP.ms customer portal, then go to "DID Portability" menu and click the "DID Numbers" tab of the navigation bar.
NOTE: Your account number will be your 10-digit Google Voice phone number that you will be porting, without any characters and parentheses. In the step where an invoice must be uploaded, you will need to upload your hand-signed screenshot. Then, in the 'comments' box, indicate "PORT OUT PIN: " with your Google Voice Voicemail number.