Grandstream HandyTone 502 - HT502
From VoIP.ms Wiki
Connect the HandyTone
1. Connect a standard touch-tone analog telephone (or fax machine) to PHONE port (or PHONE1, PHONE2 port for HT386/496/502).
2. Connect a PSTN telephone line to LINE port (optional, applies to HT386/486/488/503 only).
3. Insert the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port (HT286/386) or WAN port (HT486/488/496/502/503) of HandyTone and connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an uplink port (a router or a modem, etc.).
4. Connect a PC to the LAN port of HandyTone (optional, applies to HT486/488/496/502/503 only).
5. Insert the power adapter into the HandyTone and connect it to an electrical outlet.
Configuring the HandyTone using a Web Browser
1. From the analog phone, press *** to get into the IVR menu. Enter option 02 to obtain the HandyTone’s IP address.
2. For HT486/488/496/502/503, please enable the “WAN side HTTP access” option by entering IVR option 12 and press 9. A reboot or power cycle of the HandyTone is required after this change. You can also access the HandyTone’s web configuration from a PC connected to the LAN port via 192.168.2.1.
3. Type the HandyTone’s IP address in your PC browser.
4. Log in using password “admin” to configure the HandyTone
Click on FXS 1 to configure your first line.
Fill the followings fields.
- SIP Server: atlanta.voip.ms (one of our multiple servers)
- SIP User ID: 100000 (your VoIP.ms username)
- Authenticate Password: ********* (account password)
- User ID is phone number: No
- SIP Registration: Yes
- NAT transversal (STUN): No
Known Issues and Resolutions
Hearing an Echo on the Line:
Please go to your FXS port setting screen, that you are using with us, and verify that the option Disable Line Echo Canceler, is set to NO. You can also adjust the setting Gain, where the Rx (Other Person) is a gain level for signals transmitted by FXS and Tx (You) is a gain level for signals received by FXS.
Receiving Weird Calls:
Please check in the Web GUI under each FXS port tab that this option is enabled: Allow Incoming SIP Messages from SIP Proxy Only: Set to YES.