Grandstream HandyTone 286
From VoIP.ms Wiki
The HandyTone 286 manual can be found here.
STEP 1 - Connect your router with the supplied Ethernet network cable to the HandyTone. Now connect your phone to the HandyTone. Finally plug the supplied power cable into the HandyTone.
STEP 2 - Wait 60 seconds after plugging your HandyTone in.
STEP 3 - Pick up the phone connected to the HandyTone and dial the * key on your phone 3 times (* * *).
STEP 4 - Have a pen and paper ready. You will hear a message - "Enter a menu option", then enter 0 2 on your phone. You will now hear a message giving you the IP address of your HandyTone such as - "192.168.001.010" write this number down.
STEP 5 - Open a web browser on your computer such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address you heard in step 4 as the address (I.E. where you would normally enter www.yahoo.com). Please note: some browsers will require you to remove leading zero's ( 0 's ) in the IP address. For example if you heard "192.168.001.010" you should change this to "192.168.1.10".
STEP 6 - You should now see a page that looks like this:
STEP 7 - Enter the password for the HandyTone in the password field. The default administrator password for the HandyTone is "admin" (without quotes).
STEP 8 - After entering the password you should see a screen that looks roughly like this:
Step 9 - Click on Account 1 to configure your first line.
Step 10 - Fill the followings fields.
- SIP Server: atlanta.voip.ms (or use one of our multiple servers)
- SIP User ID: 100000 (Your VoIP.ms username)
- Authenticate Password: ********* (Account Password)
- User ID is phone number: No
- SIP Registration: Yes
- Register Expiration: 180
- NAT transversal : No
- Notes: NAT transversal can be set to Yes if you are behind a router (even if you do not set a value in the STUN server field). Indeed according to the reference guide, with no specified STUN server, then the phone will only periodically (every 20 seconds by default) send a blank UDP packet (with no payload data) to the SIP server to keep the mapped port open on the NAT.
- Home NPA: Empty (Some tests show that this field should be kept empty or you will encountered difficulties with some numbers ending with a busy signal [tested with 418 in home NPA, and a 1-877 number] )
Message Waiting Indicator
To enable this feature with your Grandstream HandyTone 286 you need to associate a voicemail with the account (or subaccount) you have registered in the device and set the SUBSCRIBE for MWI option to YES.
When the device hangs up the call after 17-20 minutes into the call.
In both FXS and FXO config pages change these values:
UAC Specify refresher: UAS
UAS Specify refresher: UAS
Force INVITE: Yes