Epygi QX IP PBX
From VoIP.ms Wiki
This article describes how to configure the Epygi IP PBXs of QX with VoIP.ms and allowing QX users to make as well as receiving calls.
Please note that the described configuration is generic for all QX models, such as the QX20/QX50/QX200/QX500/QX2000/QX3000/QX5000/QXISDN4+, ecQX, UC20 and UC80.
The QX VoIP Carrier Wizard will guide you through the steps to configure your account. After finishing the wizard, the extensions on the QX will be able to place calls as well as receive calls. The VoIP Carrier Wizard supports both IP-based authentication and SIP registration methods. However, we will use SIP registration for this guide.
Registering your Epigi QX IP PBX
To create automatically a new extension on QX and configuring it with your account, follow these steps:
1. Go to QX Telephony→VoIP Carrier Wizard menu, pass through the wizard by inserting the below-listed parameters:
- ➢ Select Manual for VoIP Carrier
- ➢ Description – VOIP.ms
- ➢ Press Next
2. Next, insert the following parameters:
- ➢ Account Name – The username containing 6 digits received via email and shown on your VoIP.ms main portal page.
- ➢ Password – The password you use to log into your VoIP.ms portal
- ➢ SIP Registrar – Any of our VoIP.ms servers (Consult https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Choosing_Server#IPs| for the list of all the available servers)
- ➢ SIP Server Port – 5060
- ➢ Enable Use RTP Proxy service and press Next.
3. Then, you will need to define the Access Code (e.g. 011) which will be used in the QX Call Routing Table for making outgoing calls through VOIP.ms, and the QX extension which will receive all incoming calls from the VOIP.ms SIP trunks. In this example, it is defaulted to the auto-attendant extension, being 00 on QX. Routing all incoming calls to the Auto Attendant is one of the most frequently used scenarios, but you can also define it to another extension that would pick up the call directly.
- ➢ Access Code – 011
- ➢ Emergency Code – 911
- ➢ Route Incoming Calls to – The extension you wish to receive calls to
5. Confirm the entered settings and press Finish.
Once these steps have been done, your extension will be created and you will be able to start placing outgoing calls and receiving calls.
Establishing a call
- ➢ Internal extensions: Simply dialing the extension
- ➢ External call: External call: 9 +1NPANXXXXXX
- ➢ Emergency call: Emergency call: 911