Cisco Linksys PAP2T
From VoIP.ms Wiki
If you are running the PAP2t with a tomato firmware router, this may represent a persistent issue after rebooting the device, generally it won't register back as usual, in order to fix this you only need to set Tomato UDP Unreplied timeout down to 10 (from default of 30).
The first step is to find out what IP Address your adapter is currently using. To do this, pick a phone connected on Line 1 and do the following:
Dial: **** (That is 4 asterisks)
Once this is done, dial: 110# (110 followed by a square)
The system should now playback the IP Address your device has been assigned.
Using your favorite web browser from a computer on the same network, point the address to the IP address of your adapter.
(example http://192.168.1.2) Replace 192.168.1.2 by the IP Address your device is currently using.
You should now see the web interface of your Linksys/Sipura.
click on the link "Admin", and once the page has reloaded, click again on the link "Advanced View".
Under the LINE 1 Tab, Find the following fields and fill them with the following information
Proxy: atlanta.voip.ms (one of our multiple servers)
Display Name: John Smith (your name or company name)
User ID: 100000 (your VoIP.ms username)
Password: ******** (the account password)
Register Expires: 180
Proxy Fallback Intvl: 180
Nat Keep Alive: Yes
Nat Mapping/Traversal: Yes
Step 5 (Optional)
Optionally, you can configure your adapter with a better dial plan, allowing faster dialing of 10 digits number (Local US/Canada) and also enable 7 digits dialing in one area code of your choice.
At the bottom of Line 1 TAB, you will find a field called Dial Plan
Replace the 555 digits in the following line by the area code of your choice and copy the line, including parenthesis, in the Dialplan field in Line 1 Tab at the bottom of the page:
Click on the "Save Settings " button at the bottom of the form.
Customer Submitted Information:
For North America:
Found this link on configuring the PAP2-NA hardware to work better in North America and specifically with VOIP.ms.
Read the article called: Configure your Linksys VoIP ATA the right way!
How to avoid the long delay to hear the ringtone
If you ever experience some delay to hear the ringtone when you make outgoing calls with your PAP2T. Changing the PAP2T's Interdigit Long Timer value can help resolve the issue. Follow the next steps in order to change that setting:
Note: However before changing that option, test if calling the number with an # at the end of the number works(e.g. 5554441234#). If that doesn't work you need to contact the support staff in voip.ms.
- 1- First access the PAP2T's web interface.
- 2- Click on the Admin Login and then click on (switch to advanced view)
- 3- Click on the Regional tab and look for the Control Timer Values (sec) section.
- 4- Enter the desire value in the Interdigit Long Timer field (for example lower this value to 4).
Linksys PAP2T ATA Adapter Reset Procedure
Sometimes it will be very helpful to reset your linksys ATA adapter to factory default settings.
- Connect a telephone to line 1 of the PAP2T unit and power it on.
- Disconnect your PAP2T adapter from the internet connection(unplug the Ethernet cable from the PAP2T hardware unit). Resetting with internet connection may mess up the unit making it completely useless.
- Dial ****, and wait for the Interactive Voice Menu (IVM) to get activated.
- Type in the following number including the # symbol.
(This number spells RESET.)
- Confirm this by pressing 1.
Your linksys ATA unit will now go back to it factory default settings.