Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960
From VoIP.ms Wiki
Revision as of 20:54, 5 July 2012 by Mlapping
- Press **# to unlock the Configuration Protection
- Some firmware versions must be unlocked by pressing the "Settings" button, scrolling down to the "Unlock Phone" option and pressing the "Select" softkey
- Press Settings button
- Go to "Network Configuration" to set the IP connectivity
- Go to SIP Configuration
- Select "Line 1"
- In Name and Authentication Name enter your VoIP.ms username(e.g. 100000)
- Enter your VoIP.ms password
- Enter any of the VoIP.ms servers (e.g. atlanta.voip.ms) as Proxy Address
- Configure Preferred Codec to g711u
- Press Back
- Press Save to apply changes.
As an additional recommendation, Set "NAT enabled" to Yes, and on the "NAT address" parameter, enter the External (publicly addressable) IP address of Router or firewall if, any.