Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960
From VoIP.ms Wiki
1. Press **# to unlock the Configuration Protection (some versions can also be unlocked pressing the "settings" button, scroll all the way to the bottom to the "unlock phone" option and then press the "select" softkey).
2. Press Settings button
3. Go to "Network Configuration" to set the IP connectivity
4. Go to SIP Configuration
5. Select Line 1
- In Name and Authentication Name enter your VoIP.ms username(e.g. 100000)
- Enter your VoIP.ms password
- Enter atlanta.voip.ms as Proxy Address
- Configure Preferred Codec to g729a
- Press Back and then Save to apply changes.
As an additional recommendation, Set "NAT enabled" to Yes, and on the "NAT address" parameter, enter the IP address of Router or firewall if, any.