From VoIP.ms Wiki
If you want a solution for your incoming calls, and have your customer happy until the wait on the line with a great, you need to create a Calling Queue entry, this will permit you to have many calls in hold, queued calls in First In, First Out order until agents become available.
Queues consist of:
- Incoming calls being placed in the queue
- Members that answer the queue (extensions or users that login as agents)
- A strategy for how to handle the queue and divide calls between members
- Music played while waiting in the queue
- Announcements for members and callers
Agents are the people (or person) that answer call(s) that have been placed into a specific Queue. An agent logs in indicating that s/he is now ready to take calls. Transfers an inbound call to a queue, which is then in turn transfered to an available agent.
Members are those channels that are active answering the Queue. It can be agents or normal channels.
In go to your Customer Portal >> DID Numbers >> Calling Queues
And then go to "Create New Call Queue"
Now your are going to start a new configuration:
- Queue Number: Here we select the number of our Queue, E.G I have my company and i want select the Queue 1 to my sales department, my Queue 2 to my support department, in this way you are sure that your agents received the calls properly.
- Queue Name: Here you enter the name of you Call Queue 1, E.G "Sales Team".
- Queue Language: This sets the language system announcement. In this case "English" .
- Queue Password: This is an optional setting, you can preset a password to access to this queue and be sure that only the people involved to this queue enter it.
- Caller ID Prefix: This setting is optional. You can optionally prefix the Caller ID.
- Join Announcement: If you have a recording for your calling queues you can set it here, this recording is playing when the members get in the queue. E.G In my company i have a queue in my sales department, until my customers wait, they hear a recording of all my products and discounts.
- Priority / Weight: Weight of queues, they compared to another queues, if you have an agent logged in more than 1 queues, higher weights get first shot as available agent.
- Agent Announcement: Optionally, you can set one of your recordings to be played to the agent. Agent will be connected to the caller immediately after the announcement.
- Report Hold time to agent: If you wish to report the caller's hold time to the members, set this to yes.
- Member Delay: If you wish to have a delay before the agent is connected to the caller, set this to the number of seconds to delay.
- Maximum Wait Time: The maximum time that a caller can wait in queue before sent to the "Failover" Destination.
- Join when empty:
-Yes: Callers can join a queue with no members or only unavailable members. -Strict: Callers cannot join a queue with no members or only unavailable members. -No: Callers cannot join a queue with no members.
- Leave when empty:
-Yes: Callers are sent to the failover when there are no members. -Strict: Callers are sent to failover if there are members but non of theme is available. -No: Callers will remain in the queue even if there are no members.
- Ring Strategy
Calls are distributed among the members handling a queue with one of several strategies, defined in queues.conf
-Ringall:: ring all available channels until one answers (default) -Leastrecent:: ring interface which was least recently called by this queue -Fewestcalls:: ring the one with fewest completed calls from this queue -Random:: ring random interface -Round Robin Memory:: round robin with memory, remember where we left off last ring pass
Announcements and Fail Over
- Frequency of announcement: Select the periodic interval to play it.
- If Announce position is enabled, do you also want to report estimated hold-time?: Either yes, no or only once. Hold time will be announced as the estimated time, or less than 2 minutes when appropriate.
- Fail Over Destinations: You can select the queue route when is timeout, full, joinempty etc..
We are finished now click on the Save Queue.
How to use
If you want get access to your Call queue ,dial *11, at the prompt, dial queue ID and password if you set. E.G If i want log to the "call queue 1" I dial *11 >> Option 1 >> Password (optional).
If you want logout from the call queue, dial *12, at the prompt, dial queue ID. E.G If i want logout to the "call queue 1" I dial *12 >> Option 1.
If you want edit your queue please go in the calling queues section to Manage Existing Call Queues >> Edit Queue Settings.