From VoIP.ms Wiki
Is a concept used in inbound call centers. Call centers use an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) to distribute incoming calls to specific resources (agents) in the center. ACDs hold queued calls in First In, First Out order until agents become available. From the caller’s perspective, without virtual queuing they have only two choices: wait until an agent resource becomes available, or abandon (hang up) and try again later. From the call center’s perspective, a long queue results in many abandoned calls, repeat attempts, and customer dissatisfaction.
Queues consist of:
- Incoming calls being placed in the queue
- Members that answer the queue (extensions or users that login as agents)
- A strategy for how to handle the queue and divide calls between members
- Music played while waiting in the queue
- Announcements for members and callers
- Agents are the people (or person) that answer call(s) that have been placed into a specific Queue. An agent logs in indicating that s/he is now ready to take calls. Transfers an inbound call to a queue, which is then in turn transfered to an available agent.
- Members are those channels that are active answering the Queue. It can be agents or normal channels.
In your VoIP.ms services goes to your Customer Portal >> DID Numbers >> Calling Queues
Now we gone a start a new configuration:
"Queue Number": Here we gone a select the number of our Queue, E.G I have my company and i want select the Queue 1 to my sales department, my Queue 2 to my support department, in this way you may sure that your agents received the property calls.
"Queue Name": Here i call my Call Queue 1,E.G "Sales Team".
"Queue Language": This set the language system announcement. In this case "English" .
"Queue Password": This is an optional setting, you can preset a password to access to this queue and be sure that only the people involved to this queue enter it.
"Caller ID Prefix": This setting is optional. You can optionally prefix the Caller ID.
"Join Announcement": If you have a recording for your calling queues you can set here, this recording is playing when the members get in the queue. E.G In my company i have a queue in my sales department, until my customers wait,they hear a recording of all my products and discounts.
"Priority / Weight": Weight of queues, they compared to another queues, if you have an agent logged in more than 1 queues, higher weights get first shot as available agent.