From VoIP.ms Wiki
Audiocodes 400HD series
The AudioCodes 400HD series of IP phones is a range of easy-to-use, feature-rich desktop devices for the service provider hosted services, enterprise IP telephony and contact center markets. Based on the same advanced, field-proven underlying technology as our other VoIP products, AudioCodes high quality IP phones enable systems integrators and end customers to build end-to-end VoIP solutions.
405HD running firmware version 18.104.22.168 420HD running firmware version 22.214.171.124
In order to set up your new Audiocodes 420 HD IP phone you only need to get its IP address number and access to your device's settings from your web browser.
Getting the IP address number
As soon as you have plugged your phone into your local router, your phone will receive its own local IP address number. You can get this number by following these steps:
1. Press the MENU key located on the device.
2. Go to option 5 "Device Status" and press OK button.
3. Choose option 1 "Network Settings" and press OK button.
4. Scroll down to "IP Address" and take note of this number.
Login into your device via Web Interface
From your PC, open your favorite web browser and at the URL bar, type the IP address number you got from your phone. A pop-up window will show up asking for your phone's login credentials.
- Username: admin
- Password: 1234
You will reach the main page of your Audiocodes 420 HD IP phone
Setting up your device with your SIP credentials
From the left panel click on "Quick setup" folder and then at "Quick Setup" icon. Three sections will show up on the right panel, "LAN Setup", "SIP Proxy and Registrar" and "Line Settings".
1. At "SIP Proxy and Registrar" we can set:
- Use SIP Proxy: Enable
- Proxy IP Address or Host Name: Type any of our servers. i.e. denver.voip.ms
- Proxy Port: 5060
- Use SIP Proxy IP and Port for Registration: Enable
- Use SIP Registrar: Disable
Note 1: Bear in mind to use the same VoIP server your VoIP number is using. You can check what VoIP server is your VoIP number using, from your VoIP.ms customer portal at DID Numbers>> Manage DIDs, under POP column. You can choose any server you want, as long as the one in your portal and the one in this field matches, otherwise, incoming calls won't ring.
2. At "Line Settings" we can set:
- Line Number: 1
- Line 1 Activate: Enable
- Line 1 Display Name: Caller ID name field (Not guarantee so be sent)
- Line 1 User ID: 100000 (replace with your main VoIP.ms account number or sub-account name)
- Line 1 Authentication User Name: 100000 (replace with your main VoIP.ms account number* or sub-account name)
- Line 1 Authentication Password: ********* (replace with your main SIP password* or sub-account password)
*Note 2: New accounts have received this main SIP/IAX credentials by e-mail when the account was created. By default, your main SIP/IAX password is the same you use to login in your customer portal, however, for old accounts, they could be different if the portal password has been changed in the past. If you're not sure about your Main SIP/IAX password, update it from your customer portal at Main Menu>> Account Settings>> Security tab>> Main SIP/IAX password.
Note 3: Bear in mind to set the Caller ID Number for your outgoing calls from your customer portal. If you're using the main account at Main Menu>> Account Settings>> General tab>> Caller ID Number. If you're using a sub account at Sub accounts>> Manage Sub Accounts>> Edit Sub-account (orange icon with a pen)>> Caller ID Number.
Finally, you can check if your account is now registered from your customer portal, at the main page. If your account is now registered and you have set your caller ID number for outgoing calls, you will be now able to start placing outgoing calls.
The following settings will improve your device's performance.
Registration time and NAT Keep alive settings
These settings will keep your device awake and ready to receive incoming calls all the time. From the left panel, go to Voice Over IP >> Signaling Protocols and from the right panel modify:
- Enable Registrar Keep Alive: Enable
- Registrar Keep Alive Period: 50 Seconds
- Registration Expires: 300 Seconds
Make sure to enable only supported codecs by VoIP.ms. Go to Voice Over IP >> Media Streaming, from the left panel. You can enable audio codecs G729 and G711u as first and second option and set all the other options to none.
In order to use TLS along with your Audiocodes 420 HD IP phone follow these steps:
1. Make sure your Main account or sub-account has "Encrypted SIP Traffic" enabled. Bear in mind, if this setting is enabled and your device sends UDP/TCP or RTP you will be rejected with error code 488. Enable this setting for the Main Account at Main Menu >> Account settings >> Advanced tab.
For a sub-account enable it at Sub accounts>> Manage sub-accounts by clicking on the orange icon with a pen and finally click at "Advanced Options (Click here to display)"
2. Now that your account/sub-account has this setting enabled, your device only needs to send TLS and SRTP.
To enable TLS go to Voice Over IP >> Signaling Protocols and set these settings as follows:
- SIP Transport Protocol: TLS
- TLS Port: 5061
- SIP Local Port: 5081
- Proxy IP Address or Host Name: denver1.voip.ms:5061 (Use the same server your phone number (DID) is at, you can check it out from your customer portal at Manage DIDs section, under POP column)
- Proxy Port: 5061
- Use SIP Proxy IP and Port for Registration: Disable
- Use SIP Outbound Proxy: Disable
Note: When using TLS is very important to specify the number of the server, in case the server you have chosen, doesn't use the number "1", you need to add it. Adding any of the SIP ports 5061 | 5081 | 42873 is also required.
To enable SRTP go to Voice Over IP >> Media Streaming and at SRTP section set the following settings:
- SRTP Encryption and Authentication: REQUIRE ENCRYPTION
- Method: AES_CM_128_ALL_METHODS
- Negotiation mode: Basic
- ARIA: Disable
When your device is fully registered by using SIP-TLS protocol, you will be able to see the registration status in the portal Home page, at Main menu>> Portal Home for each account/sub account registered or at Sub Accounts >> Manage Sub accounts tab to see all of your Sub Accounts registration status.
In the event where you need the guides directly from Audiocodes, you may find the user and admin manual guides below:
User Manual : Download PDF
Admin Manual : Download PDF