From VoIP.ms Wiki
- Start the Acrobits App
- Once the Acrobits App has started, click on New SIP Account to start the configuration.
- You will see VoIP.ms at the list, select it
- Username: Your Main account or sub account username (six digit number) E.G 123456 / 123456_XX (the underscore has to be used for sub-accounts)
- Password: The password you set for the account / sub account
- Domain: One of VoIP.ms multiple servers, you can choose the one closest to your location
Simplify the way you communicate, whether you’re in the office or on the go. Acrobits Softphone and Groundwire give you the flexibility you need. Available on both the App Store and Google Play.
Visit: https://acrobits.net/sip-client-ios-android/ to download.
You will need to fill the information for your account:
Finally click on the "Save" button and you will be able to start using voip.ms on the Acrobits App.
In the advanced settings if you would like to setup your Display Name, for your outbound caller ID Name there is some requirements.
- We suggest entering your outbound Caller ID Name must be in capital letters. This will appears more clearly/visible on some devices. - You must NOT use any special characters, they will not be displayed. - Some of regular Canadian providers will not show more than 15 characters. We suggest shrinking or adapt your caller ID. - Spaces are allowed in a caller id name.
In order to use the App for SMS purposes you'll need to make some adjustments for compatibility with how our SMS Through SIP feature works. The steps are the following:
1. Go to "Settings > Accounts > [voip.ms account] > Advanced Settings" 2. Enable "Simple" under "Messaging" 3. Disable "Delivery Notifications" which sends messages as "Message/CPIM". This option only appears after "Simple" is enabled.
For Android it's been found that having "Call Integration" can cause audio issues. This can be resolved by heading in the app to:
-Preferences > Call Integration, set as disabled & save.
If you need assistance during the configuration don't hesitate to contact VoIP.ms support.