In today's business environment, employees need to remain well-connected and must be able to communicate instantly as required. By making use of VoIP services for work-related communications, businesses get the ability to cut down their cost enormously in contrast to their traditional phone system. Moreover, the number of businesses who are migrating towards cloud communications has increased exponentially over the last decade.
Migrating business communications to VoIP requires some planning but the migration process doesn't have to be a major hassle. Here are some of the tips that can help you with seamless migration and service provider selection process.
1. Take Time to Evaluate Requirements
- It is important to take a sufficient amount of time to determine all of your requirements and the end goals that you want to achieve with the migration. Start by preparing a list of the features and specs that you need for your business. For instance, does your business have remote workers or frequent telecommuters? You will need specific features in order to keep productivity in mind such as, Ring Groups, Call Conferencing, etc... so, the employees can take full advantage of the service. To get an overview of some of our top features, click here: http://bit.ly/2Qkv1wS
- By the same token, an important feature to be considered in today’s environment is call encryption. This ensures that your calls and messages are protected from unauthorized access. Take a peek at our step-by-step Wiki guide to leverage our Call Encryption feature through SIP-TLS and SRTP at: http://bit.ly/2GldG5j or give a read to our blog about it right here: http://bit.ly/31dkASc
2. Technical Assistance
- Another factor that is important to consider in the selection of your provider is the support and technical assistance being offered. In fact, sooner or later, everyone requires support and assistance. Thus, it is important to wrap your head around the after-sales customer experience.
- You definitely want to find a service provider that can provide a guarantee that all of your questions will be properly answered in a timely manner. You can also look for reviews from other customers, to ensure the authenticity of the service provider... not to brag here, but we are pretty amazing at what we do.
I wish all of my professional
services were as prompt as yours!
You responded to my questions
immediately. IT WAS AMAZING
(seriously, I was stunned).
- Renae J. Burt
- Voicemail to E-mail is another VoIP feature that basically record your voicemail as an audio file and then sends it to a specific email address. The recipient of the email can download the file from their inbox and play it using a media player on their computer or smartphone. This feature increases the response time and can also help employees with record keeping.
4. Training and Testing
- After you have come up with a plan, take time to run some tests. It is important to make sure that the system is running as expected, before letting go your legacy system completely. Performing a test run will also help your employees and staff members get familiarized with the new setup. It is essential that you train your employees and your network administrator so that they can feel comfortable with the new system once it is fully deployed.
Still uncertain about your migration plan? Let us help you out with your plan and your onboarding.